The Skeeter Defeater® Dispenser only works when used with the Skeeter Defeater Cylinder Refill Unit (CRU). The CRU provides the spray for your Skeeter Defeater, using a botanical insecticide known as pyrethrin.
Key facts about Pyrethrin:
- It's derived from chrysanthemum daisies
- It's long been used to fight mosquitoes (and most other flying insects)
- It's botanical, and will not accumulate in the environment (depending on sunlight, it normally burns off within two hours). Don't be fooled - there are synthetic forms of this extract in other products (pyrethroids, permethrin) that will accumulate in the environment
- It works, killing mosquitoes on contact.
- Because it's botanical, mosquitoes almost never build up a tolerance (unlike some synthetic versions)
Combining a effective insecticide like pyrethrin with the unique, patent-pending delivery system of the Skeeter Defeater is what makes this product so clever. .
Each Cylinder Refill Unit (CRU) contains enough insecticide for 66 sprays. In other words, if you spray at dusk and dawn, each CRU contains 33 days worth of insecticide to kill mosquitoes. Learn more about the CRU here.